When it comes to dealing with travel fears, there is mostly one thing that you can do.
It is to travel.
As with anything, overcoming a fear usually involves with engaging with the fear directly.
And how you do one thing, is how you do everything. This is why I love to use travel as my personal transformation too.
Each day I am getting more and more confident, in the following areas. I can say I am a lot different than from where I started off, 4 years ago.
Dealing with Travel Fears – My List
When it comes to travelling, each one of us have different fears.
I had to face a lot of fears when I started travelling. I am also continuously facing these one by one.
Hopefully you can relate to me in some ways.
I am learning to belong everywhere, I have come to an understanding that belonging is created by self acceptance. The level of self acceptance I feel determine the level of belonging I feel.
So Here’s the list
- Getting physically assaulted – I am thinking of doing a martial arts course for this.
- Going to Jail
- Getting mugged
- Getting into an accident
- Running out of money
- Ending up on the road
- Social anxiety, feeling like an outsider
- Fear of feeling uncomfortable
- Being kidnapped
- Running out of money and not being able to return to my family in India
- Losing the career that I built for the last 13 years
What are yours? Comment below.